Pages

14 December, 2010

Blood Angels Successor Chapter


So I'm trying to decide what color scheme to go with for my Blood Angels. It will be primarily red, of course. And I don't do halves or quarters on colors with my armies. I've decided that it will be a Successor Chapter with some Inquisition ties (a shock, you say?). I also need a name for the Chapter.

My initial list is 1850 points and is as follows:

HQ
Captain with Power Fist, Infernus Pistol, and Jump Pack OR Librarian Epistolary with Jump Pack (Captain results in 10 free points, Libby fills up the points exactly at 1850)

Elite
2x 5-man Lightning Claw Terminators
1x 2 Sanginary Priests in Terminator Armor

Troops
1x 10-man Assault Squad with 2 Hand Flamers and Sgt with Power Sword
2x 10-man Assault Squad with 2 Meltaguns

Heavy Support
2x Stormraven with TL Multimelta, TL Lascannon, Hurricane Bolter sponsons

Progress on construction of said models is looking pretty good (since it'll be a few months until Squall Guppies are released). Nothing much is painted or primed; I'm still putting them together. Completed models are Captain, Librarian, all 10 Terminators, the 3 Assault Marine Sgts, the 4 Meltagun AMs (as previously showcased), and I'm working on the last 12 AMs (one of which is the other Hand Flamer model). I still haven't completely decided on how to handle the Sanguinary Priests.

I have mentioned before that I'm using Death Company boxes for all of my AMs. I also had gotten a Sanguinary Guard kit to style up my Captain (which barely uses the SM Captain kit). As you can see, I kept the Capt torso and banner, but replaced most of the rest with Sanguinary Guard bits. I removed the generic bit on top of the banner with the nifty BA wings and chalice piece from the top of their banner.


Since I had all the extra bits, I decided to also use legs, heads, and shoulder pads to spruce up my Sgts so they will definitely stand out. In case I want to run several 5-man squads, there is a "secondary" Sgt in the back half of the large squads that simply use Death Company kits with no Sanguinary Guard bits. Only the Sgt depicted below has a Power Sword. Those other Sgts all use the same Jump Pack, torsos, Chain Swords, and Bolt Pistols as the second two.




Finally, the Librarian is a Sanguinary Guard. I won't be using any in my army, so it'll look unique. The current plan is to paint it up with typical Librarian colors but with a white death mask (both on the head and knee) with the crest/crown/whatever silver. The wings will be black while the top bit on top of them silver as well. I may make the very upper edge gold.


I'm almost afraid to paint my Blood Angels since some of the models' details are really nice and I don't want to botch them with a bad paint job!

No comments:

Post a Comment